It is highly important that you follow candle safety when lighting a candle in your home. Fire can be deadly, and we strongly recommend reading through the following precautions beforehand.

  • Never leave a burning candle unattended.
  • Always keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
  • Don't burn your candle on a flammable surface, or near any flammable materials (including within 1m above i.e. shelves). Always aim for a heat-resistant, stable surface.
  • Never move a burning candle. Always wait until the candle has been extinguished and the wax pool has cooled and solidified again.
  • Never burn a candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
  • Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles.
  • Trim your wick before use to about 5mm. This ensures a more even burn, and a safer flame height.
  • Keep your wax pool free from any debris that could cause fire (wick trimmings, dust etc.).
  • Keep your candle free from the path of any draughts that could carry the flame, or flammable objects near.
  • Know when to say goodbye. Always leave at least 1.5cm of wax in the bottom of the container.
  • Use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame – never blow.

If you have any questions, please contact us at