It is highly important that you follow candle safety when lighting a candle in your home. Fire can be deadly, and we strongly recommend reading through the following precautions beforehand.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Always keep candles out of reach of children and pets.
- Don't burn your candle on a flammable surface, or near any flammable materials (including within 1m above i.e. shelves). Always aim for a heat-resistant, stable surface.
- Never move a burning candle. Always wait until the candle has been extinguished and the wax pool has cooled and solidified again.
- Never burn a candle for more than 4 hours at a time.
- Always leave at least 10cm between burning candles.
- Trim your wick before use to about 5mm. This ensures a more even burn, and a safer flame height.
- Keep your wax pool free from any debris that could cause fire (wick trimmings, dust etc.).
- Keep your candle free from the path of any draughts that could carry the flame, or flammable objects near.
- Know when to say goodbye. Always leave at least 1.5cm of wax in the bottom of the container.
- Use a candle snuffer to extinguish the flame – never blow.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.